Types and Reasons for Online Dating
– Casual. For individuals who don’t want to be engaged in a long-term relationship, keep their options open, and want to be with someone who has the same world view.
– Open-minded. For singles who don’t want or not ready for being in any kind of relationships, but want to satisfy their natural physical needs.
Interests and goals of these three categories differ in many ways and have different problems to solve, so you need to keep this in mind when choosing your target audience and adjusting your platform to it.
How Do Dating Apps Make Money
However, you need to keep in mind that this dating giant gains profit from numerous successfully promoted websites and applications.
Monetizing a dating website is very easy because many people are willing to pay for meeting the https://datingranking.net/brazilcupid-review/ right person, making them interested as well as pleased with attention and gifts. You can combine different monetization ways below:
– Membership/Subscription. Being the primary monetization model, subscription can bring fortune to dating app owners. You can create a variety of memberships with different conditions, duration, and prices that would be attractive to the target audience.
– Freemium. Being one of the leading monetization models in the online dating industry, it satisfies the primary needs of paid and free service users who can choose to pay for their membership in the future.
– Ads/Affiliate marketing. By making your ads personalized and not making their quantity irritating for your users it is possible to profit from your dating application. Also, by showing ads, you can originate fruitful and long-lasting partnerships with many companies.
– Turn-off ads. When people have an opportunity to turn their ads off, especially when the price for doing it is reasonable, they won’t let a few cents stand on their way to happiness.
– Account promotion. Dating app users want to be noticed, and you can use it to your financial advantage. If you offer an attractive account promotion, many users will take it if it has a reasonable price and their accounts are guaranteed to be on the top of the list.
– In-app purchases/Gifts. As an additional monetization way, you can offer users to purchase a stand-alone feature. It can be an incognito mode to view profiles and keep an identity a secret, or it can be additional matching functionality. So, as long as the feature you sell is useful, you can monetize it.
– Personalized special offers. Special offers have always been a monetization boost and once you make them personalized and attractive, prepare yourself for getting more money from your online dating app.
– Paid account removal. Some monetization ways can be shady and may not be good for your brand reputation. However, some dating websites try to be creative in monetization, and when their users try to delete personal accounts, they are offered to pay for removing all the information; otherwise, their profile photo and some basic information remain on the service.
– Offline monetization. Who said that in a dating app all the fun is online? You can host events for your users offline as well. One of the best event examples is speed dating that gives more ways to get revenue.
Types of Mobile Dating Apps
Without a mobile app your dating platform won’t be popular and may not even last for long on the market, because mobile applications are a lot more in demand than websites, especially in the dating industry. To choose what type of mobile applications would be most beneficial financially, you need to know what types of them exist.